The Terra Bella fund is a private investment fund specializing in assets from environmental markets, primarly carbon offsets from land use projects. The fund intends to capitalize on the management companies ability to source and orginate carbon credits from AFOLU projects throughout the world. Investments will be made in:
- Compliance and pre-compliance strategies for carbon credits
- Directly with project developers seeking carbon financing for most project types
- Voluntary markets where regulations are uncertain or non-existent
- Under-valued derivative instruments on environmental assets
- Emerging ecosystem markets
The investment objective is to generate capital appreciation for investors, provide capital to promote efficient ecosystems markets, and to contribute a portion of its positive performance to permanently retire carbon credits for a lasting positive impact on climate change. Successfully delivering fund returns will depend on purchasing environmental assets at attractive prices, properly assessing project risk, and using creative financial structuring techniques to generate liquidity.