Who We Are
Founded in 2006, Terra Global is a woman-run, for-profit social enterprise and small business. Terra Global's mission is to facilitate financially, socially, and environmentally sustainable landscapes. Terra Global is a global leader in sustainable forest and agriculture program development, land-use greenhouse gas quantification and finance, and providing technical expertise and investment capital to their global client base in a collaborative and innovative manner. Having worked in 31 countries, Terra Global has designed and supported the implementation of REDD+ and other sustainable landscape programs from the project to national scale.
Since Terra Global’s founding, we have led the development of ground-breaking GHG quantification methodologies, Program Documents, and Monitoring and Implementation Reports under Verra, American Carbon Registry, Climate Action Reserve, and Carbon Fund Methodological Framework. From the program design through monetization of verified emission reductions, Terra Global has developed innovative financial structures and transactions to create commercially viable sustainable landscapes programs. Using its proprietary software and standard operating procedures, Terra has conducted greenhouse quantification in a spatially explicit manner and established pathways for crediting from project to national scale.
Terra Global brings multi-disciplinary strengths to serve our global client and investor base:
- Sector leader in science-drive quantification of ecosystem services from forest and agriculture practices
- Specialized expertise in building the business case for sustainable landscapes
- Proven experience implementing from design through operational delivery
- Successful outcomes that leverage local and international partners
- Innovation through our multidisciplinary teams in science, natural resource management, rural development, and finance
- Global portfolio of projects with governments, donors, community groups, NGO, and private sector
- Terralytics software platform that streamlines and optimizes management and monitoring.
Terra Global’s approach employs transparency, accountability, and collaboration to deliver on our three key principles;
- Practical solutions that are responsive and pragmatic
- Innovation and financial structuring that bridge the gap between concessional and commercial approaches
- A "one team" culture with partners to leverage a diverse pool of talents across multiple geographies and technical disciplines.
Each year Terra Global verifies the GHG emissions from the company's operations using international standards and purchases verified emission reductions to become carbon neutral.